Home › Agencies ›Departments »
28 Walnut Street
Madison, NJ 07940 (map)
WASH YOUR HANDS - THE RIGHT WAY
Living a healthy lifestyle isn't just limited to fitness or eating right. Your personal hygiene also plays a huge role when it comes to your overall wellness. Proper hand washing, for example, is an important habit that can keep you and your family members from getting sick! Infectious diseases like the flu and the common cold are transmitted through hand-to-hand contact, and certain food-related illnesses, such as salmonella and E. coli infections, can also result from poor hand hygiene! Pretty scary, right?
The best thing you can do is to get in the habit of washing your hands after going to the bathroom or changing a diaper, before eating, and after petting an animal or taking out the trash.
Think you know how to wash your hands? Check out these tips for getting germ-free hands in no time!
- Using warm water, wash your hands using liquid or bar soap.
- Lather up for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Use a clean or disposable towel to dry your hands.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if no soap and water is available.
- Make sure you clean both hands, including your fingernails.
* Tips by Fran Boardman