Most residents are unaware that they are responsible for repairs to the water line that runs from the curb into their home. Did you know that you can protect yourself against costs associated with broken water lines? Replacing a water line can cost $3,500.00 or more. The Water Line Protection Program (WLPP) is a simple, affordable way to protect residents. The program costs $89.95 per year for most single family residences.
- No Hassle: The Water Line Protection Program eliminates the problem of finding a reliable, qualified contractor to do the job in a timely fashion.
- Peace of Mind: One less thing to worry about.
- Low Cost: Most water service repairs are covered by one low, annual fee.
- Prompt Service: Experienced, local and dedicated borough staff are ready to serve you.
For more information, please review the WLPP Terms and Conditions (PDF)
and Application (PDF)
Steps For Signing Up
Here are the next steps:
Your home and water line will be inspected by representatives of the Borough of Madison before service is approved. Service can be denied. Alternatively, the fee for service may be increased for larger, longer or more difficult services.
- Please print out the application and mail it along with a deposit for $179.90 (2 years estimated service) to the borough.
- Upon receipt of the application, a borough representative will inspect the property, usually within a few days.
- If your application is approved, you will receive a Confirmation Letter from the Borough of Madison. If your application is denied, then your full payment will be returned.