About the Property
The Webb Memorial Chapel and The Presbyterian Church of Madison are registered historical landmarks that have been at the center of Madison since its beginning. Webb Memorial Chapel is a Romanesque Revival style building constructed in 1888 seats 105 for worship and weddings. The stone chapel was designed by the noted architectural firm of John Cleveland Cady and Company.
Josiah Cady, the lead designer, also designed the Metropolitan Opera and Natural History Museum in New York City. Money to build the Chapel was donated by Mr. and Mrs. James A. Webb, Sr. in memory of their only son, James A. Webb, Jr. The Chapel is connected by a stone passageway to the church’s 1928 parish hall.