Home › Not-for-Profits »
Rotary Club of Madison
When you look at the clock in the center of town on Waverly Place, it not only tells the time, it tells a story of Rotary International. Every minute of every hour of every day, someone in the world is benefiting from the many programs and initiatives of Rotary.
The Rotary Club of Madison is involved directly or indirectly with these programs, either locally, nationally or internationally. For example, Rotary’s Polio Plus Program has eradicated this dread disease in all but four countries of the world by administering the polio vaccine. Prevention of blindness in women in India is accomplished by cataract surgery for a mere $24, funded by the Rotary.
Rotary’s Gift of Life Program provides life-saving heart surgery to children worldwide. Over the past 35 years, 1,000 American children and 10,000 children overseas have received treatment. Rotary Clubs have brought children to the U.S. for surgery. In addition to providing airfare and medical arrangements, Rotary host families open their own homes and provide a reassuring environment for the patients and their families. On a local level, the Madison Rotarians are involved in many projects:
- Collecting and donating food to the Interfaith Food Pantry -Distributing dictionaries to all third graders in the Madison Schools
- Participating in Madison’s May Day clean-up and beautification program
- Raising money on Bottle Hill Day and Drew University Day, selling hot dogs & hamburgers
- Establishing the Interact Club at Madison HS, a Rotary service club for 14-18 year-olds
- Participating in major fund raisers such as the Taste of Madison
- Conducting community “Shred-It” programs -Organizing and sponsoring “Colombia Independence Day” picnic
- Annually distributing over $45,000 to local charities, non-profits, or local projects.
Rotarians are more than club members…we are helping to change the world…saving lives, building peace, offering hope. Madison Rotarians are leaders who care, neighbors who share, building a better future for every child in every community. Join us and be a part of this worldwide family.