Home › Agencies ›Departments »
28 Walnut Street
Madison, NJ 07940 (map)
2014 PTR Deadline Extended
SENIOR PROPERTY TAX RELIEF DEADLINE EXTENDED
The deadline for residents to file their 2013 Senior Freeze (Property Tax Reimbursement) applications has been extended to Sept. 15, 2014. The original deadline was June 2, 2014.
The Division of Taxation mailed 2013 Property Tax Reimbursement (PTR) applications in February, and many eligible residents still need time to file. Those who are eligible but have not yet filed can complete and mail their PTR applications now. Reimbursement checks for eligible senior and disabled residents who file their 2013 applications by the original June 2 deadline are scheduled to be mailed in mid-July. Checks for eligible applicants who file 2013 applications after June 2 will be processed and delivered as quickly as possible thereafter.
The Senior Freeze (Property Tax Reimbursement) Program is distinct from the State's other property tax relief programs, with its own eligibility requirements and applications. Applicants can receive benefits under the Senior Freeze Program and any of the State's other property tax relief programs for which they qualify. However, the total amount of property tax relief benefits received cannot exceed the amount of property taxes paid on their principal residence for the same year.
To find out additional information on the Senior Freeze (Property Tax Reimbursement):
- To ask questions: 1-800-882-6597 (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays)
- To listen to information or to order an application: 1-800-323-4400
- In-person assistance at Taxation Regional Offices (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays) Click here for the addresses.
- You can access Online information by Clicking http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/ptr/buffer.shtml
- Text Telephone Service (TTY/TDD) for Hard-of-Hearing Users: 1-800-286-6613 or 609-984-7300
- Taxation email address ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) for Senior Freeze and general tax questions.