Home › Agencies ›Departments »
Recycling/Garbage/Yard Waste Department
Madison, NJ 07940 (map)
The Borough offers 3 ways for residents to dispose of their garbage.
1. Free Regular Curbside Pickup:
Twice a week curbside pickup from May 19 – September 12, once a week pickup the rest of the year.
2. Traditional Rear Yard Pickup:
Residents can contract to have their garbage taken from behind or along the side of their home for an annual fee of $120.
3. NEW Enhanced Rear Yard Pickup:
Year round, twice a week pickup from behind or along the side of a residence for an annual fee of $200. The pickups will occur on your regular, twice a week schedule, District 1A and 1B on Monday & Thursday, District 2A & 2B on Tuesday & Friday and District 3 on Wednesday & Saturday.
Residents interested in rear yard pickup should contact the hauler, Suburban Disposal, at 973-227-7020. The hauler will directly bill each resident.
- Each container cannot exceed 80 lbs.
- No construction material, grass, leaves, medical waste or recyclables.
- NO GARBAGE can be put in corrugated cardboard boxes. Corrugated must be recycled.
All items must be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on the day of collection but not earlier than 7 p.m. the previous day. All containers must be removed from curbside prior to 8 p.m. on your collection day. If garbage or recyclables are not put out properly, they will not be collected.