Home › Agencies ›Departments »
Shop Madison Committee
Hearts for Haiti - Call for Sponsors
for more information, visit http://www.heartsforhaiti2010.com/
"Hearts for Haiti"
Madison Helping The People of Haiti
Dear Local Business:
It all started as a discussion between a mother and her child. A third grader at Torey J. Sabatini School in Madison, New Jersey was watching the news coverage of the earthquake in Haiti and asked her mother how she could help the children of Haiti. Like many other children in Madison, she started brainstorming about how to raise money in her own community. With the assistance of her mother, the concept for Hearts for Haiti was developed. The idea was pitched to the Principal of her elementary school and he loved it. And that is how Hearts for Haiti came to be.
The sale of Hearts for Haiti Valentines Day cards is the first step of this effort. A number of local artists in Madison have generously donated their time and resources to creating Valentines that will be sold in the Madison Public Schools beginning on Monday, February 1, 2010. The next step is to sell Hearts for Haiti T-Shirts in each school, and in various stores within the town of Madison. We also plan to turn some of these designs into blank greeting cards, to be sold in stores as part of an ongoing effort to raise money for this worthy cause.
As a vital member of the Madison community, we are asking for your help in this effort. As a business/store owner in the town of Madison, you can help by becoming either a Sponsor or Supporter of this vital fundraising effort. There are two ways that you can choose to participate:
HEARTS FOR HAITI SPONSOR: $100 – As a sponsor of this fundraiser, you will receive the following:
- Your logo will appear on the official Hearts for Haiti website as a sponsor
- A link to your website (if applicable) on our website
- A blurb about your business, including location and contact information on our website
- Your logo will appear as a sponsor on all promotional materials
- You will receive a store window poster and counter card acknowledging you as a sponsor
- Your logo/business name will be included in the Valentines Packet as a sponsor
- Your logo/business name will appear on the back of every T-Shirt sold
- Your business name will be included in media coverage and publicity
IMPORTANT: In order to appear on our website, you will need to supply us with information about your business, including contact information and location. We will also need “web ready” logo art for your logo.
HEARTS FOR HAITI SUPPORTER: $50 – As a Supporter of this fundraiser, you will receive the following:
- Your business name will appear on the official Hearts for Haiti website as a supporter
- Your business name will appear on promotional materials as a supporter
- You will receive a counter card acknowledging you as a supporter
- Your business name will be included in the Valentine Packet as a supporter
- Your business name will appear on the back of every T-Shirt sold
- Your business name will be included in select media coverage, publicity
One hundred percent of the profits from this fundraising effort will go directly to The American Red Cross, Colonial Crossroads Chapter. This money will then be sent directly to the national American Red Cross Disaster Relief Effort.
If you have additional questions or require additional information about this very important fundraising effort, please contact the following individuals:
Lauren Cantor, (973) 845-2318 home, (908) 642-0702 cell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mealanie Tomaszewski, Tivoli Creative, (973) 966-6800, email@example.com
Madison is known as a tight knit community with strong family roots and passion for our town. Please join our community crusade to help the people of Haiti. I thank you, in advance, for your consideration and action on behalf of the Haitian people.
Lauren B. Cantor
Chairperson, Hearts for Haiti 2010