Home › Agencies ›Departments »
28 Walnut Street
Madison, NJ 07940 (map)
Health Education at the Madison Health Department seeks to raise awareness and improve the health of Madison's citizens by providing the information, support and resources necessary for residents to make health enhancing choices.
We sponsor ongoing programs in the following areas:
- Parent Education including the 40 Developmental Assets, Drug and Alcohol prevention, improving communication, internet and social networking issues through MAASA, the Madison Alliance Addressing Substance Abuse.
- Support for community youth prevention programs including the Madison Teen Center, Madison Public Schools, the Madison Library, the Madison Community Pool, Playwrights Theatre, Project Pride and the Urban League of Morris County among others, through MAASA.
- Physical Fitness through the Rose City Steppers walking group
- Osteoporosis prevention and intervention with Project Healthy Bones targeted exercise and education classes
We also provide program support in the following areas:
- Community immunization outreach and clinics
- Education and program information in local news venues
- Chronic disease education and screenings
Our offices are in the Madison Health Department, 28 Walnut Street.