Home › Agencies ›Departments »
Building Construction Department
50 Kings Road
Madison, NJ 07940 (map)
Zoning approval is required for the proposed new structure.
1. Complete the permit applications & manila folder. Check the demolition box.
2. Include the estimated cost of the work.
3. Obtain & submit with the permit package the following utility certifications for shut-offs:
a. Madison Water Co. 973 593-3092
b. Madison Electric Co. 973 966-7330
c. Gas - PSE&G (application on-line) email@example.com
d. Sewer line cap 973 593-3088
4. Invoice copy or certification from exterminator for rodent baiting.
5. 1 Copy of written notification of proposed demolition date to property owners abutting the lot.
6. Asbestos abatement certification.
Note: The Borough of Madison Police & Fire Depts. appreciate the use of structures slated for demolition for the purpose of drills. Please contact the following if you are interested in providing your structure for this purpose.
Madison Police Dep.t 973 593-3010 Madison Fire Dept. 973 593-3068