NOTICE TO BIDDERS
BOROUGH OF MADISON, MORRIS COUNTY, NEW JERSEY
2010-2011 TREE TRIMMING SERVICES
BID OPENING DATE – TUESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2010, 10:00 AM
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that sealed bids for 2010-2011 TREE
TRIMMING SERVICES will include an acknowledgement of this ADDENDUM #1 by the
Borough of Madison, County of Morris, State of New Jersey. The ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
OF CHANGE form included in the bid documents on page 27 must be completed.
Addendum #1 consists of changes or clarifications in the bid specifications as
- The Borough does not provide budgets or estimates for projects.
- Work will be performed when and as needed. There are no specific dates or
time periods that can be advised now.
- Work is to be performed daily on a continuous basis until all designated
tree trimming is completed but it depends on the work that is needed and
when the work orders are presented to the vendor. The Borough tries to have
a large quantity of work (approx 4 days’ work at least) before calling in
the vendor. There may be gaps between call-outs for work.
- The Borough cannot estimate how many days/weeks of crew work is estimated
for the contract as it depends upon the work to be performed as requested by
the Shade Tree Management Board.
- For these services, in 2008 we spent approximately $42,500 and in 2009 we
spent approximately $52,000. The vendor rate was $110 per hour for each
- The work crew (2 men) as specified in the bid package is the work crew
that we are bidding. It is consistent with bidding in prior years.
Raymond M. Codey
January 8, 2010