NOTICE TO BIDDERS
BOROUGH OF MADISON, MORRIS COUNTY, NEW JERSEY
LEASE OF MAIL INSERTING MACHINE
BID OPENING DATE – FRIDAY, JULY 10, 2009, 10:00 AM
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that sealed bids for LEASE OF MAIL INSERTING MACHINE will include an acknowledgement of this ADDENDUM #1 by the Borough of Madison, County of Morris, State of New Jersey. The ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF CHANGE form included in the bid documents on page 27 must be completed. Addendum #1 consists of a clarification in the bid specifications as stated below:
- The Borough is accepting bids for new machines ONLY; not reconditioned machines.
- The Borough is not planning to interface/link the mail inserting machine to a postage mailing machine.
- The Borough is looking for a Fair Market Value (FMV) lease, allowing for a buyout of the machine at the end of the lease period for the FMV.
- There is to be included in this agreement a non-appropriation clause which indicates the Borough has the funds available until the end of the current fiscal year to make payments for this equipment; if appropriation requests to the governing body for subsequent years’ funds are denied, the Borough may terminate this agreement with no penalties on the last day of the fiscal period for which funds have been appropriated. Equipment will be returned to vendor at their cost.
- Training of all necessary personnel on the proper use of this machine is to be included as part of this bid at no extra cost.
Raymond M. Codey
June 30, 2009