NOTICE TO BIDDERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that sealed bids for the PURCHASE AND INSTALLATION OF ORNAMENTAL FENCING will include an acknowledgement of this ADDENDUM/CLARIFICATION #1 by the Borough of Madison, County of Morris, State of New Jersey. The ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF CHANGE form included in the bid documents on page BID-4 must be completed. Addendum/Clarification #1 consists of the following:
- Refer to Madison Borough Fence Exhibit and physical stakes on property for location of fencing. If any stakes are missing, the Fence Exhibit prevails.
- The security gate shown on the Madison Borough Fence Exhibit will be relocated from its current location near the Ridgedale Avenue entrance to the location on the Exhibit. This relocation of the gate is NOT part of the scope of this project. This information and its drawing on the Exhibit are for informational purposes only.
- The maximum spacing between posts is 72" as stated in the bid specifications. We will not allow anything greater.
- The minimum wall spec for the standard post is .080 as stated in the bid specifications. We will not allow anything less.
- For information purposes only, the vendor is being asked to provide unit prices per LF for both the aluminum and steel projects. Please write and identify the two numbers at the bottom of page BID-1.
- Small brush in the way of the fence installation can be cut and left in the area.
- Post hole excavation soils that need to be dug up can be spread out on the property.
Raymond M. Codey
August 28, 2009