News & Announcements
A TRAFFIC ADVISORY MAP IS LINKED BELOW : https://www.rosenet.org/uploads/7/traffic_advisory_oct2015.pdf Central School entrances along Walnut Street will have limited access on paving day. Milling and adjusting utility castings is scheduled Tuesday October 13 for the Phase 2 project between Oxford and Park. Final paving scheduled Thursday October 15 will be a complete paving project open for public circulation within one day. Please refer to the Madison Webpage and Nixle for up to date announcements concerning the project. The construction contract will end on Friday October 23, 2015. Thank you for your cooperation Borough of Madison
The Madison Public Library is closed for construction. All Chase Auditorium activities will be held as scheduled. Holds pickup is available Friday 4 - 7 pm and Saturday 2 - 5 pm in the Chase Auditorium. Watch the Library's website (madisonnjlibrary.org) or RoseNet for information on the Library's re-opening.
A private fund raiser to replace the black top walkway with pavers at James Park is being undertaken to recognize the service of those who served in the military. Please complete an application found on the Borough Clerk's page and submit along with a check for $75.00 payable to 'Walk with Us'. Any questions, please contact Elizabeth Osborne, Borough Clerk at 973-593-3041.
Madison Fire Department is offering free smoke alarm installations thanks to the Red Cross Home Fire Campaign. The Madison Fire Department encourages all residents who may qualify for the program to contact them at 973-593-3021 and speak with an on-duty firefighter. Link to article: https://www.tapinto.net/towns/madison/sections/police-and-fire/articles/madison-fire-department-offering-free-smoke-alarm
Often called the invisible killer, carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas created when fuels (such as gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas, propane, oil, and methane) burn incompletely. In the home, heating and cooking equipment that burn fuel are potential sources of carbon monoxide. Vehicles or generators running in an attached garage can also produce dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. Link to article: http://www.nfpa.org/safety-information/for-consumers/fire-and-safety-equipment/carbon-monoxide
Kidde has received 11 reports of the recalled fire extinguishers failing to discharge as expected. Manufacture dates included in the recall are July 23, 2013 through October 15, 2014. Consumers should immediately contact Kidde for a replacement fire extinguisher. Link to article: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2015/Kidde-Recalls-Disposable-Plastic-Fire-Extinguishers/#remedy
The recycling newsletter for 2015 is now available in electronic form: http://www.rosenet.org/uploads/958/2015newsletter_final.pdf Hard copies will be mailed out to residents before the end of the year. NEW: Madison now recycles paper cartons! Milk and beverage cartons can now be recycled with your paper, cardboard, and junk mail.
Kidde recalls smoke and combination alarms due to alarm failure. The alarms could fail to alert consumers of a fire or a CO incident following a power outage. Consumers should immediately contact Kidde for a free replacement smoke or combination smoke/CO alarm. Consumers should keep using the recalled alarms until they install replacement alarms. Link to article: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Kidde-Recalls-Smoke-and-Combination-SmokeCO-Alarms/
The Board of Trustees of the Museum of Early Trades and Crafts will honor Madison dentist Dr. Sam Romano as its 2014 “Craftsman of the Year” at 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 7, at the museum at 9 Main St. at Green Village Road in Madison. The event was rescheduled from an earlier date “due to unforeseen circumstances,” noted museum trustee Thomas Judd. Romano will receive the honor at a late-lunch reception, and present a lecture tracing the evolution of dentistry from its earliest beginnings to the high-tech practice of his office today. “We hope that many of Dr. Romano’s friends and admirers will be able to join us for this belated celebration,” Judd said. “All previously-sold tickets will be honored, and the opportunity to participate has been extended at the museum and on our website.” The museum’s website is www.metc.org. A Madison native, Romano is a graduate of Fairleigh Dickinson University and the New Jersey Dental School of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, and established his practice on Park Avenue in Madison in 1986. The museum’s trustees noted that Romano practices an ancient profession that has grown and evolved with advances in medical science and technology, and such links from the past to the present are at the heart of the museum’s mission to enhance the understanding and appreciation of America’s past. The trustees concluded that Dr. Romano combines his professional knowledge with his skills as a craftsman to serve his patients. ‘Top Doc’ Romano advances his passion for dentistry with continuing education and training with leading practitioners in his field. He received the prestigious honor of Clinical Instructor at the Kois Center for Dental Excellence in Seattle, the premier post-doctoral dental teaching center in the world. He was recognized as one of “New Jersey’s Top Docs” and New Jersey Family Magazine’s favorite children’s doctors for three consecutive years. Not content with just serving his own patients, Romano has conducted free clinics to provide preventive and restorative dental care to underserved children in New Jersey, and has traveled to Guatemala “to give children free smiles.” Many of the children he has served had never before received dental care or owned a toothbrush. Romano summed up his approach to his life and profession: “You’ll never feel as good as when you do something for somebody else. The greatest gift is when you have what somebody else needs, and you can give it to them.” Distinguished Honorees The “Craftsman of the Year” award was established in 2002 as a means to honor New Jersey residents who have, in their own unique ways, significantly advanced the museum’s mission.
Gree expands dehumidifier recall to include GE Brand dehumidifiers due to serious fire and burn hazards. The dehumidifiers can overheat, smoke and catch fire, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers. Consumers should immediately turn off and unplug the dehumidifiers and contact Gree to receive a refund. Link to article: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Gree-Expands-Dehumidifier-Recall-to-Include-GE-Brand-Dehumidifiers/